Wednesday, March 16, 2011

ELF in depth: Luscious Liquid Lipsticks

If you haven't heard about Eyes Lips Face, they are a cosmetics company whose goal is to offer quality makeup products at way affordable prices. They have a dollar line and a studio line. The studio line products generally sell from $3 to $6, topping off around $10. Last week ELF was having a 50% off sale for there studio line and, on a whim, I picked up some stuff from their dollar line (called the Essentials line), including a liquid lipstick. I ordered this in the shade Raspberry. I also ordered it in the shade Strawberry, but that was sold out. Boo. The product, in my opinion, compares nicely to high end products that I use regularly. The color pay-off is great and they apply very creamily. There is a hint of menthol, but it isn't overpowering at all (the tingly sensation isn't as intense as with Bare Escentuals' Buxom Lip Glosses- which I die for.) The color is a bit darker than the image implies and wasn't as sheer as I was expecting. It's very pretty but may look a little intense for everyday wear against my pasty-whiteness. There is a slight stickiness but it's more like a hydrating feel than tackiness if that makes sense. They are very moisturizing in my opinion! It has a very nice sheen finish. I even like the click-applicator since it applies the product evenly, but it does take quite a few clicks before product comes to the surface of the sponge (I thought it was broken at first! But no, I'm just a goob). All in all I will be ordering more of these! (Side note: shipping can be on the slower side. It took two weeks for my order to arrive, but it was packaged in a way that all of my items were in good condition and nothing was broken, and was well worth the wait.)

For the record, I purchased these items myself. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment